RFA Salvalour (A494)
|Ordered||17 April 1943|
|Builder||Goole Shipbuilding & Repair Co Ltd, Goole|
|Laid down||7 January 1944|
|Launched||2 November 1944|
|Commissioned||4 September 1945|
|Identification||IMO number: 5308304|
|Class and type||King Salvor class salvage vessel|
|Displacement||1,780 long tons (1,809 t) full load|
|Length||218 ft (66 m)|
|Beam||39 ft 10 in (12.14 m)|
|Draught||15 ft 7 in (4.75 m)|
|Propulsion||2 × 3-cylinder triple expansion steam engines|
|Speed||12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph)|
|Armament||4 × 20 mm AA guns (4×1)|
RFA Salvalour (A494) was a salvage ship of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.
Salvalour was built by the Goole Shipbuilding & Repair Company, Goole, launched on 2 November 1944, and commissioned on 4 September 1945. The ship was decommissioned in October 1955 and laid up in reserve. She was sold into commercial service on 25 November 1971, and was scrapped in Pakistan in February 1978.
- "RFA Salvalour". historicalrfa.org. Retrieved 5 January 2020.